Terms of Service
1. I understand and agree that Quickstartdocs is not a law firm or an attorney, may not perform services performed by an attorney, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney. Rather, I am representing myself in this legal matter. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created with Quickstartdocs.
2. If, prior to my purchase, I believe that Quickstartdocs gave me any legal advice, opinion or recommendation about my legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies, I will not proceed with this purchase, and any purchase that I do make will be null and void.
3. I understand that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to me in the event of a dispute as described in the Quickstartdocs Arbitration Agreement.
4. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE QUICKSTARTDOCS REVIEW OF MY ANSWERS IS LIMITED TO COMPLETENESS, SPELLING, AND FOR INTERNAL CONSISTENCY OF NAMES, ADDRESSES, AND THE LIKE. I WILL READ THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S) BEFORE SIGNING IT, WHERE APPLICABLE, AND AGREE TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S) AND THEIR LEGAL EFFECTS.
5. Accuracy of Information and Third-Party Consent. To the best of my knowledge, I have provided accurate information to Quickstartdocs and have obtained all third-party consents required for my order.
6. Electronic Records and Signatures. I give Quickstartdocs consent to affix my electronic signature where required to file my documents. I understand I may withdraw my consent, provided my documents have not already been filed, by calling Quickstartdocs Customer Service at (866) 790-7735
7. Non-English-Speaking Customers. I understand that certain materials on the Quickstartdocs site, including but not limited to questionnaires, documents, instructions, and filings, are only available in English. Non-English translations of these Terms, as well as other terms, conditions, and policies, are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
8. Limitation of Liability and Indemnification. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, I WILL HOLD QUICKSTARTDOCS AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY ME OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF QUICKSTARTDOCS HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF QUICKSTARTDOCS, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO ME.
THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
10. Additional Quickstartdocs Terms. I understand that my purchase may be subject to additional terms and conditions. I understand that Quickstartdocs Registered Agent Services, are subject to the Supplemental Terms of Service for Registered Agent Services. I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the supplemental terms, which are incorporated herein by reference.
11. Third Party Services.
12. Future Products and Services. If I choose to add a product or service to my order subsequent to this initial purchase, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
13. Abandoned Orders. My purchase allows me to create my own legal documents. I understand that, other than as required by applicable law, I shall have no right to cancel, request a cash refund or obtain store credit for any undelivered order after 30 days have elapsed from the purchase date unless Quickstartdocs is at fault. All itemization of fees are displayed for convenience only. Delivered orders shall be governed by the Quickstartdocs Satisfaction Guarantee. Both parties acknowledge that Quickstartdocs is out of pocket time and money for undertaking the work and both parties fully intend to complete the order. Abandoned orders will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Quickstartdocs for reimbursement of our commitment to service this order.
14. Exchanges. I understand that I may request an exchange of one product for a different product and complete a replacement order within 60 days of my purchase. The purchase price of the original item, less any filing fees, taxes or other third-party costs, will be credited to my Quickstartdocs account. Any price difference between the original order and the replacement order or, if a replacement order is not completed within 60 days of purchase, the full original purchase price (in each case less any filing fees, taxes or other third-party costs) will be credited to my original form of payment. If I paid for my original order by check, I understand that Quickstartdocs will mail a check for the applicable amount to my billing address.
15. Suspended Accounts. If Quickstartdocs encounters evidence of suspicious activity in connection with my account, including, but not limited to, evidence that my account is being used by someone who is not authorized to do so, I acknowledge that Quickstartdocs, in its sole discretion, may opt to temporarily disable my account for a reasonable amount of time in order to investigate. In the event that Quickstartdocs disables my account, I understand that, absent a subpoena or court order, no information about my account will be provided to anyone outside Quickstartdocs, including me or any authorized contact, until the investigation is complete. Additionally, I understand that Quickstartdocs, in its sole discretion, may decide not to send any documents associated with my account to me or file any such documents with any government authority, while my account is disabled. I acknowledge that Quickstartdocs will not be liable for any delays caused by these policies and procedures.
16. Filing Fees. Except as otherwise noted, filing and recording fees may include all mandatory or applicable federal, state, county and local administrative fees, name reservation fees, initial reports, publication notices, capitalization fees, franchise tax fees, expedite fees, certified copy fees, walk-in fees, courier fees and other transactional fees incurred on your behalf by Quickstartdocs.
17. Legal Forms. If you have purchased a Legal Form from Quickstartdocs, the following provisions apply to you:
(a) License. Quickstartdocs grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable worldwide right to use the legal form(s) you have purchased. This license allows you to access, download, use, and edit the legal form(s) you have purchased for your personal use. You may not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute, or otherwise make available to any third party the legal form(s); or (ii) modify, reproduce, reverse engineer, or make derivative works based on, referring to, or exploiting the legal form(s) or its source code, except for modifications to the forms for your personal use. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Quickstartdocs and its licensors.
(b) No Guarantee. Quickstartdocs does not guarantee that any Legal Form provided is suitable for a particular purpose, or that any Legal Form provided is accurate, reliable, complete or timely. The Legal Forms provided are for information purposes only, and should not be relied upon as legal advice.
18. Delivery. I understand that Quickstartdocs uses a variety of methods to deliver finished products. For products delivered via physical shipment, I understand that Quickstartdocs uses a variety of carriers for each shipping option and will choose a delivery method for the shipping option and address I designate. I agree that Quickstartdocs may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get my items to me within the promised time frame. The shipping fee indicated does not necessarily represent the actual amount paid by Quickstartdocs to the carrier chosen for the delivery of my order. It may include, in addition to the fees paid to the carrier, Quickstartdocs or third party handling and processing fees. For products delivered electronically, I understand that I will be notified via email when my product is complete and available for download.
20. Reviews. After your purchase, you may receive an email survey request from Quickstartdocs. You may also write a review on the Site. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on the Site or used in marketing material. The review may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name and last initial, the product you purchased, your gender, city and/or state, and age range.
21. Access to World Wide Web; Internet Delays. To use Quickstartdocs services, I must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. I am responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain Quickstartdocs services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. I understand that Quickstartdocs is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
22. Force Majeure. Quickstartdocs shall not be considered in breach of or default under these Terms of Service or any contract with me, and shall not be liable to me for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or similar event beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than 60 days in the aggregate, Quickstartdocs may immediately terminate these Terms of Service and shall have no liability to me for or as a result of any such termination.
23. Right to refuse. I acknowledge that Quickstartdocs reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
24. I acknowledge that Quickstartdocs is not a registered or bonded legal document assistant in any state. Quickstartdocs.com, Inc. is located at 229 SE Douglas St., Ste. 210, Lee’s Summit, MO.
25. I acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to view sample templates of Quickstartdocs documents and may call Quickstartdocs Customer Care at (866)790 -7735 with questions or for assistance locating sample templates.
26. I understand that these terms affect my legal rights and obligations. If I do not agree to be bound by all of these terms, I will not use this service. By proceeding with my purchase, I agree to these Terms of Service.
Updated: February 23, 2020